A depository is like a bank for shares instead of money. Instead of holding shares in the form of certificates, investors have accounts in the depository and can move securities and settle stock exchange transactions by an electronic update of their accounts. The core service of a depository is the efficient delivery, settlement, and transfer of securities through a computerized book-entry system. The Central Depository Bangladesh Limited (CDBL) is a company set up by the banks, stock exchanges, and other institutions to operate the central securities depository in Bangladesh.
The full meaning of the BO account is the beneficiary owner's account. BO account is opened to keep the securities in electronic form in the Depository (in our case CDBL). One can open a BO account from any Depository Participant( like Royal Capital Ltd) which is registered under CDBL.
Once you open a BO account under any Depository Participant (DP), you will get a sixteen (16) digit BO ID code generated from the Central Depository of Bangladesh (CDBL).
A trading account is an account that is maintained by a broker on your behalf. All buy and sell orders order executed in the exchanges and all fund receives and payments are maintained in this account.
This is an Alpha-Numericalnumber assigned to your trading account(like MJ1234).
An individual can open a maximum of two (2) BO accounts from a brokerage house. One can open by his/her name, another can be opened jointly.
Unfortunately, you can’t do that at the same time. Rather you can do it separately.
BO account can be opened individually or jointly or by a company name.
Recent copies of PP size scanned colour photograph of each applicant.
Scan copy of National Identification Number (NID), (both side) or passport or driving license) .
Scanned copy of the signature.
BO account opening form
Power Of Attorney (POA) form
Terms and conditions page by Central Depository Bangladesh Ltd. (CDBL)
• Click on the save and continue button to appear next page
STEP #4 : Payment panel
• Recent PP size scanned colour photograph Payment can be made through bank card (Debit/Credit), Mobile wallet (Bkash, Nagad, etc) .
The nominee of your account is the person who will be the beneficiary of the account after your death. Anyone can be the nominee of the account but if he/she is under 18 years, then you must appoint the guardian of the nominee. There is also a provision to state two persons as nominee where percentage can be adjusted separately for each one.
• Recent PP size scanned colour photograph
• Scan copy of National Identification Number (NID), (both side) or passport or driving license)
• Scanned copy of the signature of the nominee.
The power of attorney is the authorized person who is authorized/declared by the account holder/applicant to operate the account on behalf of the account holder/applicant. If the account holder/applicant wants, he/she can change the Power of Attorney (POA).
• Scan/photocopy of National Identification Number (NID), (both side) or passport or driving license)
• Local bank A/C certificate.
Once you get the BO code, you are ready to start the transaction.
Usually it takes 24 hours to activate.
When a client has a BO account in a Depository Participant( DP) and wants to transfer his/her BO account from one brokerage house to another then he/she can open a Link account to another DP.
The client has to collect the acknowledgment form (with the last 8- digit BO account number) from the previous brokerage house to open a new BO account from a new brokerage house. Then fill up the formalities of that brokerage to open a link account.
Usually, it takes 1 day to activate. You have to present physically at RCL branch office once to open a Link A/C
Initial Public Offering (IPO),when a company wants to raise its capital from the public then it applies to Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC). Once it gets the approval from BSEC than the company announces the subscription date to collect funds from the public. Through this process general people, institutions apply to the company for its shares. And shares of a company get listed in the Exchange afterwords.
In Royal Capital Limited, the IPO application process is very simple and straight forward. Youdon't need not come to any RCL branchfor applying IPO. IPO can be applied through SMS, Web, Mobile app, or attending RCL branch office.
- Type IPO (space) BO code IPO short code, Example: IPO MJ1234 OIMEX & send to 03590016234
- Log in with your verified mobile number and password
- Click on IPO
- Click on Apply IPO
- Select IPO from the list
- Click on Apply
At our Branches
A client can come to any of our branches to apply IPO. Our customer service executive will glad to help you. For details, please click this link
IPO Genie is the unique service of Royal Capital Ltd. In this service Once you get enrolled your IPO will be applied automatically on your behalf (except Mutual Fund and Bond). Subject to available funds in your account.
- Fill up the “IPO Genie” registration form, from any of the RCL branches.
- Keep funds available to your BO account for each code in order to apply automatically.
- Royal Touch is Royal Capital Limited’s customer service mobile app. Using Royal Touch, customers can view and print their Portfolio, Ledger, Fund Withdraw and Fund Deposit status, detail portfolio with Profit and loss (client can also submit it as TAX certificate).
- fund requisition and also deposit funds to his/her BO/Trading account and so on.
4. Use the same User ID and Password that you have used in your mobile app.
5. Check for Security Code on the login page on your mobile app.
6. Type the SecurityCode on your ITS login page on your Desktop/Laptop to avail of the ITS service.
7. Please remember, a Security Code will be generated on your mobile phone each time you do buy or sell on Desktop/Laptop. So, keep your mobile phone active availing Security Codeover Desktop/Laptop for hassle-free trade.
• Emailto firstname.lastname@example.org(usually it takes less than 24 hours to deactivate)
• By calling to RCL Call center at 16379
All the listed securities trading on the Over the Counter (OTC) market under Annexure A1 is transferred to Small Capital Platform or SME Board. The decision was taken by Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (BSEC) regarding this issue for the easiness of the listed securities. All the companies under this will be able to trade their share through qualified investor offers (QIO). Qualified Investors (QI)’s will be eligible to trade on the SME Board Index.
In order to trade in the SME Market, several conditions have been given which are described below:
• One must have a minimum of 30,00,00 (Thirty Lacs) TAKA investment of matured shares in the secondary market. The highest value in terms of Cost Price or Market Price will be considered here.
• On the last day of every quarter, investors will be found qualified for the upcoming quarter only if they possesthirty lacs worth matured share in the secondary market on that day. For example, if an investor has thirty lacs worth matured share on 31st March, then he will be considered as Qualified Investor for the upcoming quarter – April, May and June.
• If these conditions are met then the registration stage will begin.